Saturday, January 11, 2014

5 Tips for Online Shopping

Today I was taking a walk with my dog and I said that inspired me to write this post.  What I said in conversation was "I could write A book on online shopping".  The thing about that statement is I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Over the past year of me shopping I have saved well over a thousand dollars.  I saved $200 dollars on a brand new macbook from the apple store.  Who doesn't pay full  price for a macbook? That's what inspired me to write this article.

1. Get on their Mailing list and Actually read your email

 

Every day I get email that stores I shop at are having sales.  And with those emails I have learned what the real sales are.  Right now American eagle is having a sale that is a complete rip off.  That is because in a couple of weeks that are going to have a sale that is 60% off clearance rather then their sale right now that is up to 60% off.  My online rule is I never buy anything unless it is at least 50% off and under $20.

2.  Read The Reviews

Sometimes their is a reason something is one sale.  Always read the reviews and look at the photos if they have them.  I know modcloth has photos in their reviews which are really helpful when you are deciding to buy something that is final sale.  Stores will do anything to make sure a product sells. Read the lowest review and always read the top.

3.  Search For Coupons

Do you want to know how I got $200 off my macbook?  When ever you buy anything online always search for coupons.  Say you where going to buy A shirt from Pacsun, search in google pacsun coupons.  You might find something helpful.

4.  Tell the company how much you like them


Two years ago I chatted with lulus online and told them I loved their store and always love the clothing on their sight.  I wasn't looking for anything in return but I got a code to get 15% off.  Even though that doesn't seem like a lot It still saved me a lot when I was buying my dress for formals.

5. BE SAFE

If the site is creeping you out don't buy anything from it.  No clothing is worth you getting your information stolen.

xoxox-DBC

No comments:

Post a Comment