Sunday, November 9, 2014

Love's a game, wanna play?: How to get Through A Breakup Through Taylor Swift 1989 Lyrics


So I got dumped, hard core and I had no idea how to deal with it.  To be honest this is the first real breakup I went though, yes I've been dumped before and been the dumper but none of those previous relationships led me to crying and ending up going to bed at 8:30 on a Friday night.  I was thinking about doing the typical right after watch movies and eat chocolate post but that just isn't me (not that I didn't binge watch netflix).  I think the best way to get through a break up is to have a little humor with it because you may feel like your life is over but it's really not in some cases it could just be the beginning.  


Blank Space

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
...
'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar

This song pretty much describes any passionate relationship.  You are either going to be together forever and be that old couple who still have sex multiple times a week or your relationship is going to crash and burn.  But sometimes the burn is worth the time and effort you put into the relationship because it can help you in future relationships.  With these relationships you will either find yourself telling your girlfriends about the wild love you had for years or it being too painful to ever mention.  If this was the breakup you experienced focus on the positive and don't let the fire give you too much thought.

Style

Could end in burning flames or paradise
Fade into view, oh, it's been a while since I have even heard from you (heard from you)
...
I say, "I heard, oh, that you been out and about with some other girl, some other girl."
He says, "What you've heard is true but I Can't stop thinking about you," and
 I...I said, "I've been there too a few times."

These lyrics are there for anyone who has ever been cheated on.  In this song Taylor describes him as a James Dean character, a boy that ever goes out of style aka all the girls want him.  No one deserves to be cheated on and no one should let it happen.  Stand up for yourself and get out of the relationship because if they're going to cheat on you now it's not worth the risk of them cheating on you when you have 2.5 kids and a mortgage. For this break up forget about it.   The good times you shared as a couple might lead you to go back, focus on yourself and find yourself someone you loves you too much to be afraid to hurt you.

Welcome to New York

Everybody here wanted something more
Searching for a sound we hadn't heard before
...
Like any great love, it keeps you guessing
Like any real love, it's ever-changing
Like any true love, it drives you crazy

But you know you wouldn't change anything, anything, anything
Can an artist please make a song about Boston? Anyways this song is all about love being something that sound be wonderful and make you feel empowered.  Maybe its my little obsession with gossip girl but there is some power that comes along with walking down the streets of New York (it could be just because I was 12 and the Jay-z song about NYC was just released.  Love should be something that keeps you wondering and wanting to know more about the person.  And it should also drive you crazy (not mad, crazy). Be crazy in love and have wild adventures.  These lyrics are to inspire you to have a love that keeps you excited.  It also helps to get over a bad relationship because something better will be out there, just find the right person to open yourself up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment