Thursday, June 4, 2015

My 5 Fashion Rules


Fashion is all about personality and representing your own style.  I thought this article would be interesting to write because my style is very different, and I don't really fall into a style category.  That said, I don't have a "style," but I do follow a couple of basic rules.  

Don't Wear White to Someone's Wedding



This one is kind of a no-brainer, but there's always that one person rocking an adorable white dress at a wedding besides the bride.  But remember, the bride has gone through enough stress and planning - not just the wedding, but her whole life. Leave the cute white dress for a baby shower and wear the cute flowered one. That way, you're not going to steal the focus, and you can take selfies with the bride.

Don't Let the Sunlight See your Bra



This one is big for me - even the straps on a bra.  Unless you're wearing a bandeau, don't wear a white backless dress with a black bra.  Bandeaus are great because they give you support and are lacey, so if they show a little, it's no big deal.  

Choose Legs or Cleavage



When I plan an outfit, I always like having a focal point.  If you are showing both your goods, you're giving away too much.  Pair the plunging neckline with some cut skinny jeans and the thigh-high slit skirts with a crop halter top.  

Wear Heels weather you're 4'9" or 5'10"



If you're worried that you’re going to intimidate the person you’re dating, don't worry.  Men should be proud they have a gorgeous 5'10" model women who want to date them.  Jockeys are always dating models, so your man should not feel insignificant.

Don't Ever Follow Fashion Magazines



I've read every Seventeen magazine since I was in 7th grade, but you should take their advice in pieces.  Yes, some of it is helpful, but just because you're small busted does not mean you can't still rock a one piece.  

Mixing Prints



There's a huge stigma with wearing polka dots and stripes and cheetah and zebra.  Yes, it is harder to find two prints that work together, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.  


No comments:

Post a Comment