Friday, May 29, 2015

Egg White DIY Face Masks

Even though I love my Freeman lemon mask that I can get for $3 at the drugstore, I still love doing my weird DIY face masks.  Even though you might find using eggs in a face mask strange, they have been the most successful for me with my skin problems.  Here are three that I have tried that have worked really well.  


What Makes Egg Whites Good For Your Skin?

Potassium - Moisturizes and hydrates the skin and preserves moisture.


Protein - repair and growth


Hydrating Egg White Face Mask


What you need:
1 egg
¼ of an avocado
1 tsp. yogurt


Avocados have natural oils that moisturize your skin and yogurt eliminates acne-causing bacteria.  


Directions:
  1. With a fork, mash up the avocado until it turns into a paste
  2. Add the yogurt and egg white and mix
  3. Apply to your face and leave on for 15 minutes
  4. Wash off the mask in lukewarm water


Acne - Clearing Egg White Face Mask


What you need:
1 Egg White
1 tsp. of lemon juice
½ tsp. of honey


Honey is important because it will give your face that summer glow, and lemon juice will fight off acne.  


  1. Whisk together the egg white and the lemon juice then add the ½ tsp. of honey.
  2. Wash your face in warm water, this opens up the pores.  Apply the paste to your face.
  3. Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
  4. When the mixture is try take it off using warm water and pat dry with a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment